Monday, April 23, 2007

a great weekend but no puppy

Last weekend was great. The weather was amazing. Friday Chris came with me to the Symphony. He took photos in the Founders Hall for me. The concert was incredible. After the concert, the flautist and harpist from the Mozart Concerto, the soprano from the Mahler (4th Symphony), the composer of the first piece (Stephen Danker, a hilarious guy), and the conductor joined in on a post-concert reception with our individual and corporate donors. It was a great night.

Saturday Chris and I walked downtown and made our way to the Farmer's Market, which was really cool, but I think more stuff was there in the morning and we didn't make it there until the afternoon. I bought socks because I was getting a blister from my amazing shoes, which I need to wear more often so I stop getting blisters (the shoes in the slide photo). I helped Chris with a photo shoot Saturday night.

Sunday morning we went to church. Another new one for us. I've heard finding a new home church in middle TN is quite the venture. We've only been to 3 so far, but also so far all 3 have been misses. So far, I haven't found any of the churches to give as meaty a message or as good of music (go figure, we're in Nashville where everyone's a musician) as Reston Community Church.

Then Chris and I had lunch at Steak'n'Shake (maybe my new "fast food" favorite) and then saw PUPPIES. Chris' mom is right; we need to STOP seeing PUPPIES because it makes me want one more each time. There were Pekingese, Peek-a-poo, and Shih-Tzu puppies and they were all adorable. Of course I held a couple and the Peek-a-poo I held nuzzled my neck and then didn't want me to move him. But, I'm not as big of a fan of the Pekingese breed, so I'd really rather have a Shih-Tzu. Really... I want a small, fluffy dog that doesn't bark too much since I live in an apartment.

Maybe after my engaged roommate gets married and moves out we'll get a PUPPY and have, like, dual custody and Chris will have it for a week and I'll have it for a week. Of course, we don't even know where Chris will be living and I don't want my roommate to have to deal with my PUPPY (not that I'd ever expect or ask her to take care of it, but it'd still be in the apt).

This weekend if the weather's good and Chris doesn't feel like he has to study all weekend, we'll go to Bowling Green, Kentucky and camp Saturday night. I already bought the marshmallows and chocolate.

1 comment:

Chris and Adrienne Scott said...

You bought the marshmallows and chocolate already? I'm in.

ps - the capitalization of PUPPY made me laugh.