Thursday, May 10, 2007

grant


My awesome cousin (okay, ALL my cousin's are awesome, I must admit), Grant, lives in Stillwater, Oklahoma. He's my Aunt Frankie's son. He kept Auntie's bedroom furniture and his wife drove it all out here for me to have. (Next month when one of my roommate's moves out, I'm taking her room and will be able to use it all!) He and his wife also have 4 boston terriers. At Papa's funeral reception I mentioned that Chris and I want to get a dog (September or later), and he said they're going to try to breed and I could have one. Well, he didn't say "have" so we will probably have to pay for the puppy but I'm sure the price would be super cheap.

Chris and I have been looking at puppies and I've been reading up about breeds. A few weekends ago we played with a Bullmastiff puppy, a Maltese puppy, and a Shih-Tzu puppy. Okay, we would never get a Bullmastiff, but it was fun anyway.

The plan is dual custody. The dog would be with me one week and Chris the next week. And that wouldn't last too long if I buy a house in March.

Also, Chris and I know we won't have a huge place to live so we don't want a huge dog (not fair to anyone). But Chris doesn't want a little fluffy froo-froo dog. Although we both have allergies (in general, not really dog-specific), we were originally looking for a breed (or cross-breed, or mutt) that's non-shedding and has "allergy friendly dander". BUT, I've come to the conclusion that I keep my home CLEAN and having one small "average shedder" would be okay because I'd be cleaning a lot anyway.

So Boston Terrier it is (I hope!). We'll see how the breeding goes. =)

Oh, and the picture on this post is serving as my MacBook desktop.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh.....so cute!!!!! my friends have a boston terrier (i think?) and they LOVE it! and buying a house....that is so exciting too! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dri said...

Yeah, and you and Dan will have to come visit me at MY HOME. =D

Chris and Adrienne Scott said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX8ezZUGSKs