Thursday, May 31, 2007

virginia beach


Over Memorial weekend, Chris and I went to VA Beach. We visited his family, walked around the boardwalk and beach one night, swam a lot in the pool, relaxed, and had a graduation party for Chris. It was a great time (other than the fact that I got sick at the end of the trip and am still getting over it). Chris' family is great. I always feel like I can be myself around them. And they seem to love me just fine. =)

Now that we're back, Chris says I need to keep a VA Beach attitude. You know, happy. It's a little difficult still being sick and tired, but we're both trying really hard and so far it's working well.

This weekend Mom and Dad are driving out here for the weekend on their way to Oklahoma. Then they'll be back again over Father's Day weekend on their way back home. I'm making my "I need these things" list because Mom really wants to buy me stuff (no, really, she does, and if there's nothing for her to buy she'll feel useless). You know, bathroom rug and trash can, food processor, a house. Just kidding about the house. But I really do need the food processor. I tried making hummus last night and it was a disaster. The mini-prep processor (is it a food processor or not? I've decided not) didn't work with more than 3 ounces of chickpeas, and the blender didn't work with the hummus at all. So for now I have lumpy hummus in the fridge awaiting food processing. Then it will be glorious.

No comments: