Tuesday, February 20, 2007

day one


I know you want an update!

It went well. I'm exhausted. The commute is about an hour an 20 minutes. Boo. Everyone was extremely nice but I do have to admit it looks like a lot of extra hours I hadn't anticipated. But if the girl about to leave (whose job I'm taking over) absolutely loves it and has been there for 5 years, and everyone else I've talked to that works there loves it and everyone seems to get along and are about the same age and seem really nice, I'm sure the extra hours will be worth it.

I'd better see lots of concerts, though! =)

It wasn't too overwhelming, just as overwhelming as any first day at a job is, where you know absolutely nothing and have to learn everything. I'm really lucky (and glad) this girl is there to train me for a week and a half before I leave. I just hope I'll be able to stay afloat with the workload while still learning how everything goes. And hopefully it will take less than 8 months-1 year to feel comfortable with the job and be able to answer the phone with confidence. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad to hear your first day went well! :)