Tuesday, February 6, 2007

the national office


I feel the need to make a quick post because I can copy/paste these kind words.

One of the best things about this job with NASM/NASAD/NAST/NASD is the people I get to work with. Especially the Associations' "big wigs." They're the directors of schools, deans, and presidents of colleges and universities. They're a million times busier and smarter than I am. Yet they still check up on me to find out which new car I bought and do I love it. I sent them an email to let them know I'm leaving and gave the contact of the incoming Accreditation Coordinator. And I've gotten so many kind farewells and good-lucks and well-wishes. My cup overflows.

"You are terrific! Where are you going next? I wish all good things as you take on your next adventure."

"I wish you the best, you have always been such a great colleague! I'll send you my new LSO disc when it is released on Naxos next year. Marin Alsop has scheduled the premiere of one of the works at Cabrillo this summer. Let's keep in touch, OK?"

"Please know that you will be missed."

"Congrats to you Adrienne, how exciting!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU.. THEY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU."

"Ohhhhh, we'll miss you!"

"It has been great knowing you, and I hope that you have the really great life you deserve!"

"Where are you going?!"

"Yo, Adrienne! I'm going to miss being able to do that, and miss visiting with you in Reston. You are a charming dinner companion.

My very best to you in your future pursuits."

No comments: