Wednesday, March 28, 2007

gatlinburg and ben folds

Chris' birthday was last weekend. I'd told him we were going to Lynchburg, where one of the only known things to do is go to the Jack Daniel's distillery. Well, surprise, I'd paid for a cabin for the weekend in Gatlinburg, not Lynchburg. He was really surprised! We had a great time, though. We spent Saturday in Gatlinburg and Ober Gatlinburg. We walked around Gatlinburg, took the aerial tram to Ober Gatlinburg, and did all the "amusement park" stuff (alpine slide, scenic chairlift, water/tube ride). Sunday we spent the day in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

The weather was gorgeous the whole time. Our cabin was tiny but it was a great size for 2 people. And we bought groceries at Kroger before we got there and we made breakfast (complete with waffles, eggs, bacon, OJ, and fresh fruit) both mornings and Chris grilled steak for dinner Saturday night.

I bought tickets to see Ben Folds and John Mayer here in August. Okay, so I'm really an idiot and didn't check the tickets and they'd given me tickets to a Predators game in April. So I'll have to walk back over to the GEC (in the rain, which sucks) to hopefully switch the tickets. I was SO MAD at myself. It may be their fault for giving me the wrong tickets, but it's my fault for not checking them. I'm just hoping we can still get good seats for the right concert when I go back in an hour. Ugh.

P.S. I'll start putting pictures back up once I find my camera battery's recharger. Also MIA are my (laptop) mouse and my iPod cords. ...And my iPod headphones.

1 comment:

Gail said...

ben folds...man, he's good.