Monday, March 5, 2007

the new kid


I feel like the new kid in school. I was never the new kid in school. It sucks! Nobody's invited me to eat lunch with them and I feel awkward inviting myself, so I've been eating lunch alone. I know, how depressing.

On a much happier note, Chris helped me move everything out of the POD over the weekend. So everything's out of the POD and in the apartment (taking over a pretty big "corner"). Sunday we made waffles, bacon, and eggs for breakfast before going back to the apt to unpack the rest of the POD. Then Chris and I, and Chris' friend Brent, finished unpacking. We took Brent out to lunch (and I'm glad we did because we discovered an amazing pizza place with amazing pizza close to my soon-to-be apt).

Friday night I worked in the Founders Hall and Chris came with me and we got to sit in some really good seats. Between work and the concert we went to dinner at a great Mexican place with my soon-to-be roommate Melissa. Saturday night Chris and I went with Brent to a show downtown to see Emerson Hart. It was a great show and we had a good time. Last night Chris and I bought Breyer's Oreo (aka Cookies and Cream) ice cream and watched The Departed, which was really good.

Next weekend on Sunday hopefully I'll move in (and really unpack). We'll see. I'm really excited about moving because I'm pretty sure I'll be meeting new people, and I'm excited to get to know my soon-to-be roommates better because they're really cool.

Well, at least I can get a head start on all this stuff I have to follow up with, like new tracking spreadsheets to create and some researching to find out which sponsors are sponsoring which concerts. Hooray!

3 comments:

Chris and Adrienne Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Adrienne Scott said...

You'll get the hang of it... and to help you along, here are some words of advice from the original New Kids... you're welcome.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
[Rap:] Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance.
Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long.
[Rap:] We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] We're rough.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Everybody's always talkin' 'bout who's on top.
[Rap:] Don't cross our path 'cause you're gonna get stomped.
We ain't gonna give anybody any slack.
[Rap:] And if you try to keep us down we're gonna come right back,
and you know we're
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] Are you tough enough?
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] We're rough.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Get loose everybody 'cause we're gonna do our thing.
[Rap:] 'Cause you know it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] Are you tough enough?
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] We're rough.
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, just hangin' tough, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, hangin' tough.
[repeat & fade]




Don't forget to [repeat & fade].

chris.

Dri said...

Wisdom from Mark: "the only thing worse than the new kid is the smelly kid."

And...

"All you need to do is start sending out e-vites and having parties at your desk at 3 p.m. and serve punch and pie. Then you'd be the new weird kid, but in a way that's better than just the new kid."