Thursday, March 22, 2007

quick update

Sorry I don't have pictures up of my new place. Since I moved I can't find my camera's USB connector to import any photos, and I can't find my camera battery charger. ...or my computer mouse, not that that has anything to do with photos.

I love the new place. I love the roommates. Last night Melissa and I went to Maggie Moo's. It was good ice cream, great company, and she took me a back way. There are such freaking gigantic/amazing houses where I live! When my parents come to visit I'll show them the area.

My job is getting a little easier. Well, easier's not the best word, but I'm learning how things work and who I tell/ask what. And I apologize for bothering people or adding to their workload constantly in an effort to keep them from completely hating me. One girl (we went to college together, how cool is that) started a walking club of sorts. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at noon we all put on our sneakers and do a 2-mile loop around the city. Wednesday was day 1. There were maybe 8 of us. One lady has bad knees and I felt badly that she couldn't walk as quickly as the rest of us so I stayed behind and walked with her and we talked. But the weather was gorgeous and the exercise was great, and so was the company.

I won't be joining in on the walking tomorrow because... (dramatic pause) ...it's Chris' birthday this weekend and we're going out of town! I've rented us a cabin and we're gonna have a great time and the weather's supposed to be awesome.

I have one prayer request: Mom emailed me and told me her dad (my Papa) has not been doing well. The truth is he's been doing poorly for a while and he and my Granny have 24-hour in-house care. Papa was doing well for a while with it- he was finally getting bathed and his teeth brushed and was wearing clean clothes. And he was super nice to the nurses and we think he was just enjoying having a companion. But apparently he's been falling trying to get out of bed and the nurses (because there's only one there at a time) can't get him up. And a day or so ago he hit the nurse and has been in a generally agitated mood. So my prayer request is for him, for my Granny, for the nurses, and for my mom and her family.

Thanks! And happy Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love maggie moo's!