Tuesday, March 13, 2007

west end


So Chris helped me move the last of my stuff to the apt. I'm super excited about the commute. One thing I noticed was the types of cars on the interstate driving into downtown are much different than the cars driving into downtown from West End. The interstate cars are mostly Chevys, then Fords seem to be the second most popular, then probably Nissan, then a few Mazdas, Toyotas, and every now and then a BMW. The West End cars seem to be pretty evenly divided between Lexuses, BMWs, Nissans, Mazdas, and Toyotas.

Go figure.

Thanks to Chris everything is in one place and not one house and one apartment. Tonight I'll try to finish at least moving things around and maybe finding a spot for my chest of drawers.

Work is going well, today has been great and I've felt like I've known how to do things and have made some materials for the fashion show and had received happy approval (it's going to be super exciting; Oscar de La Renta, and we've had such interest that we can't fit everyone in the hall and are going to do it outside, I think we're actually closing a street down or something). I went to the downtown library for Arts Advocacy Day but we didn't have the time to go talk to representatives, which would have been really interesting. We were only able to stay for a few speeches which had interesting data in terms of numbers and how much we make off arts advocacy license plates, but everything was pretty straightforward and what I already knew. It was interesting, however, to see things from a lobbying perspective rather than an educator's perspective. ...and I may have fallen asleep...

Oh, and Chris has his website up and I think it looks great! He got a new awesome lens that I'm in love with and now think my camera sucks. And I took this picture AND used manual focus! Woo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on moving into the new place! i am glad to see things are going well. cant wait to see more pictures! hehe